Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Spontaneity of Christmas Lights in Our PJ's

All Sorts of Christmas Lights
Sometimes, don't you just feel inspired to do something fun, even when you know it's out of character?

Last night, as usual, Robert and I were in our pj's, seated at our computers, writing and typing for hours, stopping momentarily to share a thought, an idea, or just to smile and say, "I love you."

Suddenly, (around 10:00 p.m.), he turned to me and with a yawn, said, "Hun, let's jump in the golf cart and go see the Christmas lights and decorations around town!"

'Vanity, thy name is woman' suddenly came to mind as I looked down at my comfy pj's and fuzzy slippers ...

Feeling not only burnt out, but tired, and not just a little bit cranky, I whined, "Awww, hun, we'll have to go change again, and I'll have to put my contacts in, brush my hair, put on my socks and sneaks and ..."

"No, Cath', let's just go, just like we are -- pj's, slippers, glasses and all.  We can throw on a hat, some sandals, and just get in the golf cart and go. C'mon, hun, it'll be fun!  We need a little Christmas, now."

I have to admit, the prospect of being out and about in my pj's tickled my inner child, who always loved being spontaneous and daring ... and that is exactly what we did and I'm glad.

The lights and decorations were beautiful!

For nearly two hours, we felt like kids again. We even went through a Dunkin' Donut's drive-through, pj's and all, and got hot chocolate to sip while winding up and down the streets. It was perfect and only added to the magic of the night.

From CJ in The Villages FL





To all my friends ... with love,









“A writer soon learns that easy to read is hard to write.” ~CJ Heck




No comments:

AddThis