Thursday, May 29, 2014

Children's Poem: Windows in Heaven

Windows in Heaven ...

Years ago, a woman contacted me through email. She told me her husband had recently passed away and her five-year-old son was having a difficult time accepting his father's death.

The boy couldn't understand why his daddy would go away without saying good-bye. She said he even wondered if he had done something wrong.

She told me she had been to my website and searched for something, anything, that had to do with a father dying, but she could find nothing.

I told the woman I was sorry, but I didn't have any poems that addressed the issue, but I would try and write one for her.

So, from a child's point of view:

Windows in Heaven


I know sometimes that clouds bring rain,
in wintertime it's snow,
and spring is good because it makes
the pretty flowers grow.

I know that God is everywhere
and angels all have wings,
that dogs can't talk and bunnies hop
I know so many things.

But why do daddies go away?
It makes kids and mommies sad.
Are there windows up in heaven?
Did I do something bad?

Mommy said it's not like that.
Children all are good.
Sometimes daddies just can't stay,
even though we wish they could.

She said Daddy loved me most of all,
not to think he didn't care,
... and he sees me from the windows.
God just needs him more up there.



[From "Barking Spiders (and Other Such Stuff)" by CJ Heck] 




Paperback and Kindle

Read an Excerpt
Buy at Amazon 






“A writer soon learns that easy to read is hard to write.” ~CJ Heck


No comments:

AddThis