Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flu Season: When Mommy's Sick

It's that time of year again. Robert and I went for our flu shots yesterday. Surprisingly, it only takes half a minute for the shot ... it takes a whole lot longer to fill out the paperwork that allows them to give you the shot.

Last year, I had a cold and had to pass on the flu shot -- bad, bad, bad. I eventually got the flu and was flat out and miserable for a good two weeks.  I didn't feel really well for another two.

It makes me remember years ago, when my children were young and I was sick ...

When Mommy's Sick ... no one's happy



When Mommy's Sick
by CJ Heck


Mommy's sick in bed today.
Doctor says she has the flu.
Sissy's got a stuffy nose
and she might get it, too.

When Mommy's sick it makes us sad
she doesn't feel so good.
She's having juice and medicine
like the doctor said she should.

It's not the same when Mommy's sick,
our hugs are all sick, too,
and kisses for our boo-boos
also have the flu.

Our sads are even sadder
so our happys aren't as glad
and when we're being naughty,
that even feels more bad.

Let's get her better, Sissy!
We'll get some more juice in her,
'cause I remembered something else,
ewwww, Daddy's cookin' dinner ...





Don't forget your flu shot. 
Hugs, CJ



"A writer soon learns that easy to read is hard to write." ~CJ Heck





No comments:

AddThis