Friday, June 11, 2010

A Good Morning

Jack

"Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends -- and hardly ever our own grown children."  ~Ruth Goode


I was just thinking ... what could possibly be better than Christmas, a warm spring day, the gentle sound of rain, the first cup of coffee in the morning, walking barefoot on a beach and holding hands, the blue-blue-blue of the Caribbean, the first snow of winter, the sweet smell of freesia ...

It could only be the warm and fuzzy feelings I enjoy when I'm with my children and grandchildren.

Robert and I have a few things to get done yet this morning and then we're off to Connecticut. We've been invited to my three-year old grandson, Jack's, "birf-day pah-tee".

So, I'm going to be a little scarce, until we return on Sunday evening, but I'm sure you'll understand.

After all, what could possibly be better ...

"Gram-mee, you're not old. You're ... you're special, like a cupcake with frostin' onna top ..."

Ya gotta love 'em.

Hugs,
CJ



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

AddThis