Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Chippendales

Today, I decided to post one for the ... er ... the mature ladies of the world.  

I don't know if you've ever gone to see male strippers, but I've been there.  Well, to be honest, it was only one time.  

My friends took me to see them on my 40th birthday, but it truly was wild and sexy and it implanted some really nice memories.


Sexy Mail Stripper


Visiting the Chippendales
by CJ Heck

Back when I turned forty, 
some friends took me 
to see the male strippers. 

I never knew 
there was a place 
you could go 
where there was 
so much action 

without 
ANY
action.

We were small dots 
in a sea of faces, 
distorted by the 
strobing lights 
set to music, 
sexy, seductive, 
and LOUD,
 
but it had to be loud 
to hear it above 
the screaming women ... 

(BOOM ta da BOOM ta da BOOM) 

“Take it OFF! Throw it HERE!” 

(BOOM ta da BOOM ta da BOOM) 

“Shake it, Ooo baby! Take it ALL off!” 

(BOOM ta da BOOM ta da BOOM) 

while a tan, muscled,
sexy young stud
humped and ground 
a well-packed G-string 
in a woman’s face

two 
seats 
down.

I remember thinking,
HO-LY CRAP, 
what if I’m next?

Mama always told me
'look but don’t touch' 

but somehow, 
the not touching 
was SO much easier 
when I was five ...


[From CJ's book, "Anatomy of a Poet"]



"A writer soon learns that easy to read is hard to write." ~CJ Heck

No comments:

AddThis