Thursday, June 30, 2011

Little People

I really miss my daughters and my grandchildren tonight.  They're spread all up and down the east coast and tonight it feels like they're a million miles away.  Oh I call and talk to them on the phone, but there's nothing that compares to a real hug and being able to see and touch them.  Besides, I just know all the kisses and hugs I gave my grandchildren for their "heart pockets" are used up, by now, and it's time to refill them ...

Bethany, Heather, and Carrie


Little People
by CJ Heck

Footsteps on the staircase 
hand prints on the walls 
tiny fingers dripping things 
up and down the halls. 

Voices all in unison 
calling out my name 
arguing and pointing 
and saying who’s to blame. 

Dishes in the sink 
couch cushions on the floor 
clean and dust, then fall in bed 
tomorrow will bring more. 

Those times are etched in memory 
my children now are grown 
but I’ll gladly have it all again 
when my grandkids all come home.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

AddThis