Monday, December 27, 2010

Past, Present, Future

Holy cow, a new year is fast approaching and 2011 is almost here already. I know a lot of you will be busy making New Year's Resolutions. I've always done that, too. Right at the outset of each new year, I wrote down all of the things I wanted to improve upon. I guess I figured it's at least good to have a plan.

This year, I'm not going to make any New Year's Resolutions. It's not that I think it's wrong, but I'm just different now. I've decided that I've reached an age where, instead of always looking forward and worrying about it, I'm going to live more and more in the here and now. There's just no sense in wishing and hoping my life away by living in the future -- the future will be whatever it's supposed to be. God knows, time moves way too fast, and I've never found the time to address New Year's Resolutions anyway.

As to the past, the past is just that, past. We sure can't do anything to change it. We can only learn from it. So this New Year's Day, I feel it's much more important that I look back over the past year, but only briefly. I'm on a journey of self discovery now and I need to keep an eye on what I've learned, and what I have yet to learn, from the past year.

As a new year dawns, may we all be happy with who we are. If we must have a future plan, let it be to find our our inner peace and to share more love with those who matter most.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

AddThis